Saturday, January 10, 2009

My friend said PC is dead

Ok so time to be honest with you all about buying my mac...

Since my first year at Uni I've heard so much about how great Macs are, apparently once you've had Mac you never go back. I has taken me three years to purchase one but here I am typing on it, but why? I want to say it's because they are better designed for using CAD programs, they run faster or are less likely to break. Mac's are all these things but they are not the reason I bought one. I bought one because;

a) the cool (open to interpretation) group of graphic students -the pissy Spanish one, the cute one and the tattooed one- who would sit at their own desk with their Mac's.

b) The better design work other students (mainly Rich) began producing when they bought a Mac

c) I wanted people at interviews to know that I'm part of the 'Apple Club'.

d) The Don's unwavering support and love for all things Apple and Mac (and as much as I hate to admit it he is a role model)

So there you have it Peer Influence on your own doorstep, and by somebody who claims to think for herself.

No comments: